Headcanons for Sarabi Nov 15, 2022 3:29:09 GMT THELIONBOY likes this
Post by FROSTJAY on Nov 15, 2022 3:29:09 GMT
- Sarabi's father was of the Lion Guard. He passed away before Taka raised his own guard.
- While she was considered to be Mufasa's betrothed, this wasn't immediately told to the cubs, resulting in a tug-of-war between Taka and Mufasa's affections. When this was announced, she initially rejected both of the boys until a long talk was had and she sorted out her feelings.
- She was well-behaved and headstrong from the earliest moments.
- As leader of the hunting parties, she took more shifts than anyone else. This has negatively impacted her health in the long run because as times got harder, prey animals fought back harder, resulting in frequent injuries.
- Taka attempted to court her one last time after he'd settled in and was sternly rejected. This not only put her at odds against Zira, this severed what little 'good will' Scar may have had for her. The hyenas, until that point, hadn't been overly aggressive with her... but they rarely held back after. She took the brunt of their abuse.
- Nala was protected by her as if she were her daughter. Their dynamic did not change much after she married Simba.
- The fight at Pride Rock injured her, requiring she take some time off as lead huntress.
- Sarabi officially retired from her duty gracefully once Simba had been taught to hunt.
- A fight between herself and Zira resulted in Zira's exile.
- Her health issues aren't life-threatening, though they cause a lot of pain at times. Her largest issue is joint pain and she requires visits from Rafiki to stabilize this. This is the biggest reason as to why she stays close to Pride Rock.
- She often chooses a private spot at dusk to talk to the stars, and Mufasa, though she can't hear his replies. On nights where she's unable to rest well, she does the same.
- She will not go to the Gorge.
- When her time of passing nears, she plans to tell Simba and Nala. This is in part because she promised to never leave Simba suddenly after he took the throne, and she wants to be there for them to the end.